Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Candle in the Darkness

This book, Candle in the Darkness, is another great book by Lynn Austin. Here is its story:

The daughter of a wealthy slave-holding family from Richmond, Virginia, Caroline Fletcher is raised in a culture that believes slavery is God-ordained and biblically acceptable. But upon awakening to the cruelty and injustice it encompasses, Caroline's eyes are opened for the first time to the men and women who have cared tirelessly for her. Her journey of maturity and faith will draw her into the abolitionist movement, where she is confronted with the risks and sacrifices her beliefs entail.

Caroline Fletcher.
I think her strong beliefs were right. Slavery was wrong. She really is convincing, and kind. I feel sorry for her when Charles finds out about it. She is a sweet girl, and pretty smart for her age(I mean, that is in the part when she was still a little girl). When she grew up, she was even smarter. I really like Caroline, because she is sensible, nice...you know. I like her very much.

Charles.
He is really nice also. He can be very angry sometimes, as you can see in the last part when he finds out. In the end, when Josiah told him everything about Caroline, and he read all she wrote, he understood her situation.

I think these two are all the characters I'll do. Sorry that it is so short, I hope you don't mind. You should read this one. It is a masterpiece!


No comments:

Post a Comment