Monday, August 22, 2016

Wonderland Creek

Wonderland Creek is a great book and one of the best of Lynn Austin! I wish they would make a movie about it, and do the movie exactly like the book, not very different. That would be an amazing movie! Here is the back of the book. If you haven't read the book, you should. It's great!

I was perfectly content with my life--that is, until the pages of my story were ripped out before I had a chance to live happily ever after.

Alice Grace Ripley lives in a dream world, her nose stuck in a book. But the happily-ever-after life she's planned on suddenly falls apart when her boyfriend breaks up with her, accusing her of living in a world of fiction instead of the real one. To top it off, Alice loses her beloved library job because of cutbacks due to the Great Depression. 

Longing to run from small-town gossip, Alice flees to the mountains of eastern Kentucky to deliver five boxes of donated books to the tiny coal-mining town of Acorn, a place with no running water, no electricity, and where the librarians ride ornery horses up steep mountain passes to deliver books. When Alice is forced to stay in Acorn far longer than she planned, she discovers that real-life adventure, mystery--and especially romance--may be far better than humble dreams could have imagined.

That was about all where it is about. Now on to the characters.


Alice Grace Ripley
Alice is kind on her own way, stubborn, she has her nose stuck in books...That is all I have to say about her. Nothing else.

Mack.
Mack is the samen as Alice, actually. He is kind, stubborn, loves books. That's why he became a writer and librarian. He and Alice fit perfect. He does not like his first name, Leslie(if I were a boy and were called like that, I wouldn't either), and that's why he likes himself to be called Mack, after his last name MacDougal.

Lily.
Lily is old, and wise. She is kind(although it is not likely to believe it at many times), also stubborn(everyone is), and...yes, what shall I say? She has the power to...force someone to do things. She knows how to handle a weapon, and she is kind of a medicine woman.

So, this will be all, will it? It's the end. The next book will be Hidden Places.

4 comments:

  1. I love this book!!! And I also love your blog, I'm following you directly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this sounds like a great book! I would really like to read this, I'll have to get it on inter-library loan so I can read it!

    P.S. I LOVE your header!!!

    ReplyDelete