Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Hidden Places

Here it is, like I said, Hidden Places! It's a wonderful book about:

A deep yearning for home had led Eliza to Wyatt Orchards ten years ago. Now widowed with three young children, she faces mounting debts and the realization it is all up to her. But she has no idea how she will run an orchard alone.

When a stranger appears at her doorstep, Eliza guesses he is no different than the other out-of-luck characters searching for work during the Depression. But the familiarity which Gabe tends to the frm raises unaswered questions. With a vulnerable heart, she is unwittingly drawn to his gentle ways. But Eliza also fears that Gabe hides a past and motives that could jeopardize all she has fought to attain for herself and her children...

Eliza Wyatt.
Eliza is sometimes very grumpy, but she is very kind. And concerned for her three children.

Gabriel(Gabe)Harper.
Gabe helps Eliza a lot, which I appreciate. He is kind, but hides his past. I like him very much and I feel sorry for him because of what he had to go through.

Lydia.
Lydia is Aunt Batty's sister. Some things Lydia did where not good and things I didn't like about her, but all what she did for Batty...I forgive all her earlier mistakes, and I really feel sorry for her. She had gone through a lot of things too.

Aunt Batty.
I like her so much! She is really a great aunt, and person. The stories about her and her sister were so sad. And Walter...I just love Batty so much. And she loves to read books.

Walter.
I don't have much to say about him, I warn you. Well, he is kind, tries to keep Batty out of sorrow, concernes about her...he is really nice.

We don't have more important people in this book. The husband of Lydia, of course. But I don't want to talk about him, he is awful, and terribly cruel, and mean. Let's just not talk about him. So, the book is wonderful, and amazing. It's really good and Lynn Austin did a GREAT job writing this. They made a movie about it(or two?), but it was ridiculous how they changed it. It was not fun anymore. They shouldn't do that. After all, it's one of Lynn Austin's best works. No one must ruïn this book and its story.

No comments:

Post a Comment